Dropped your Iphone in water? If so, here’s what you need to do without any delay to help save your iPhone. First,relax and then try the following.The most successful method is to get hold of some packets of Silica gel – which is an incredibly moisture-absorbent substance.You can find it at Arts & Crafts shops and it’s used for drying flowers or you may be able to get it from an electronics store or probably order online.
Basic Steps to save your wet Iphone:
1.Turn off your device.
2. DO NOT TURN ON THE PHONE till you finish all the steps mentioned here. causing any movements to the device when there is water inside may cause the phone to short circuit.Turning it on may cause many problems and also permanent disability to turn it on again.
3. Remove your iPhone cover and then remove the SIM Card.
4. Shake out any additional water.
5. Use a blow dryer on the lowest heat for sometime around 10 minutes or so and try to heat up the phone lightly so that any existing water can easily escape from the phone. Do not heat it too much.
6. Place the iPhone in a bag of uncooked rice and be certain that it is completely covered. Change the rice each day. The uncooked rice will certainly absorb moisture and helps take out any additional water within the device. Leave the device in the rice for 48-72 hours for good results.
7. Take your iPhone out of the rice and check if it works. If it doesn’t work or if you feel excess water in the device, repeat steps 4, 5, and 6. Keep the device inside of the rice for another 4-5 days and check again redoing the process until the device works correctly.
8. This process works best if your Phone was in water under 30 minutes. If the process does not work after multiple attempts, continue reading.
Apple’s Policy for iPhone Water Damage:
Apple has explained the spots where the water indicators are found. iPhones are equipped with Liquid Contact Indicators at the base of the headphone jack. iPhone models will also have an indicator on the bottom of the dock-connector housing. These indicators flipped PINK the moment they come in direct contact to water . The indicators are specially designed not to be set off by humidity and temperature changes.So,your device shows that you have exposed it to water and acts as a proof.
In this case, Apple one year limited warranty or AppleCare Protection Plan (APP) is not applicable. However, you may switch your malfunctioning phone with a refurbished one for $199 from the Apple Store compared to the full priced iPhone. Also, if you purchased your iPhone from Best Buy or used a credit card that offers protection/insurance on your phone, you might be able to get some money back or even a free replacement!
You must use a Solid case if you don’t want yourself in the same situation again.
Having your iPhone Professionally Restored at a Third-Party Store
If your sensors are pink and your device is simply not working despite trying to dry the iPhone of all water, you can try and take it into a repair shop. They will ask for a small service charge to set right the damage and then present you with an estimate of the price it will cost to fix the device.
To learn about using your Apple gadget better and effective: Click Here!