Troubleshooting the EDGE/GPRS problems encountered in Android mobiles.
This may sound silly,but,the Actual fact is that there are no specific errors of GPRS/EDGE occuring in Android mobiles.
You may ask me,”then why did you name the post as “Troubleshooting EDGE/GPRS in Android mobiles”?”
The thing is that i want to clarify that there aren’t any problems which are special with android phones.There may be slight(negligible) issues with Android.I may rather call them as facts,than issues.If you are finding problems with EDGE/GPRS in android phones,check out the following(There’s nothing to worry.there isn’t anything wrong with your phone,probably):
- Check if the EDGE or GPRS icon appears on the top.
- If Yes,proceed to 6.If not,go to Settings–>wireless and networks(might vary from version to version) and Tick the “allow packet data access”.
- If the icon doesn’t appear yet,check if you have the proper settings.If you dont,then you will have to receive the Configuration message(s) required.for example, text MO to 543210 if you are using Airtel to get the Mobile Office settings.
- If you have the proper settings with that check box ticked,then you have one more step to perform before contacting your Mobile manufacturer.
- Switch your phone off and switch it on after a few moments.by this time,the Icon would have appeared.If not there MUST be a problem with your Data pack Subscription.
- If your Icon appears and you are not able to connect,then uncheck the option mentioned in 2nd point and check it again.
- Try switching off your mobile and switching on again.
- Verify if the access point details are perfect.There aren’t any further chances of error occurrence.
- You will have to contact your mobile manufacturer or service provider depending on the fault encountered if you still experience problems.But i am confident that you have made a mistake among the previous points.
- You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form for clarification of any specific clarifications regarding this.I’ll try my best to solve it.
Comments are welcome with much pleasure.